Search This Blog

Monday 25 July 2011

Cover complications

The new cover for The Winter House is delayed for tweaking purposes. It's looking good, though.

I have another novel which I'd like to upload to Kindle, but it'll be difficult for me to create a cover image. The story is about a watercolour artist in the Yorkshire Dales who is struggling to keep her gallery open due to a lack of tourists in the area. Ideally, I want a watercolour image for the cover, but I can't paint. In an ideal world, I'd simply commission an artist - there is an excellent one in this area - but I'm skint, so that's not an option. Not to mention the fact that he has about a two year waiting list. I think I'll have to start haunting some local art groups. You don't think about these little complications when you decide to write a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment